According to Wikipedia, “Derived from Latin word ‘commūnicāre’, which means “to share”, communication is the activity of conveying information through the exchange of thoughts, messages, or information, as by speech, visuals, signals, writing, or behavior. It is the meaningful exchange of information between two or more people.”
One definition of communication is “any act by which one person gives to or receives from another person, information about that person’s needs, desires, perceptions, knowledge, or affective states. Communication may be intentional or unintentional, may involve conventional or unconventional signals, may take linguistic or non-linguistic forms, and may occur through spoken or other modes.”
Now it is through this communication procedure that the process of education takes place. The best education is one which comes as a result of practical learning. That is why, the more interactive and technology integrated the education is, the better equipped children become to handle a tech savvy environment because Learning becomes so much easy and fun. Interaction in terms of debates, discussions, dialogues, AV aids and voluntary input of the students facilitate in highly improvising the teaching-learning approach and enhancing the education process.
- A digital smart classroom first of all simulates the visual and auditory senses of the students in a much more effective way than the old and one sided ‘teacher teaching- student listening’ approach. With an interactive education, students can see via videos, hear via audio clips and interact freely at their own pace.
- Further, smart classes come with internet facility, so the world of information is at your touch. You do not have to wait to solve your problems, clear your doubts and waste unnecessary time because you do not have a data or piece of information critical to the resolution of your query.
- Not only this, a smart class lends a high tech ambience that makes the students ready for the technology of tomorrow. It helps them get used to the fast pace of teaching learning processes, enhances a child’s own reasoning and analytical skills which are most needed.
- Because information is just out there, the burden of rote learning what happened when and who ruled which kingdom gets considerably reduced.
- Children learn faster and also retain information for longer span of time when they are presented with AV aids.
- The case of getting distracted in class, or your child’s mind wandering away do not happen because the child is always engaged in the learning process.
- An interactive class is so much fun. It is quite true. Learning truly becomes an enjoyable experience when focus is lent on clearing concepts and developing analytical skills in children.
- Another advantage is that by the personalized learning modules, a child can learn at his own pace without feeling inferior or developing complexes of any sort. With response systems you can take quizzes, time your tests, emphasize concepts unclear to students, or evaluate instantly any child’s performance and compare it with his past performances, chart his growth and devise plans for an effecting teaching methodology.